Company: Volunteers of America - Texas
Posted on: April 25, 2021
VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA - Texas Are you looking for a job that
makes a difference? Do you have a passion for helping others? We
may be the right organization for you: VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA TEXAS.
For over 100 years VOA Texas, a faith-based and non-profit
organization, has operated with a mission of "Helping America's
Most Vulnerable Reach Their Full Potential" through various
programs throughout Texas. Programs are locally created, managed
and delivered to provide a wide array of human services through
PAID positions. Come and be a part of the passion, the mission and
the tradition! Position: Accounting Clerk - 2 positions Location:
- Work location will be a combination of on-site and teleworking
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING: The Accounting Clerk is responsible
for a full range of clerical and administrative duties to support
the supervisor(s), requiring knowledge of office routine and
procedures related to the work of the supervisor(s), and an
understanding of the content of the supervisor's job and method of
operation. Responsibilities Include
- Ensures that documentation of all billing is timely and
accurate in accordance with VOATX policies and state billing
- Assist in billing the state of Texas Department of Criminal
Justice (TDCJ) and Department of State Health Services (DSHS),
county, local, and other funding sources for specific
- Assist in ensuring all census and daily capacity reports are
provided to DSHS and TDCJ.
- Maintains and updates system of files, including all
information needed for a billing audit, as required by funding
- Tracks information supplied to funding sources.
- Disburses completed reports and forms to designated staff as
- Advises supervisor of any issues to ensure orderly and
efficient administrative operations.
- Assist the Accounting Department with Special Projects. JOB
- High school diploma or equivalent is required plus desire to be
in Accounting or Finance field. Accounting degree is a plus.
- Skill and ability in the use of a personal computer and
software applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, Access,
PowerPoint, etc.) with strong Excel skills.
- Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to
maintain detailed records.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to multi-task effectively, and work efficiently in a
- Must have valid Texas Driver License, clear MVR, and ability to
be insured. Volunteers of America Texas offers a rich benefits
package including Health, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD, Life Insurance,
Vacation and Sick time, other optional benefits and a retirement
plan. Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today!
AA/EEO/M/F/D/V Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part
of the employment process please contact Human Resources at Phone:
Keywords: Volunteers of America - Texas, Euless , Accounting Clerk, Accounting, Auditing , Euless, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!