Company: LIFE Outreach International
Posted on: September 21, 2022
SUMMARY:Computes, classifies, records, and verifies numerical
data for use in maintaining accounting records.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Compiles and sorts documents, such as invoices and checks, and
substantiating business transactions
- Verifies and posts details of business transactions, such as
funds received, funds disbursed and journal entries, and totals
accounts to ledgers or computer spreadsheets and databases
- Audits invoices against purchase orders, researches
discrepancies, and completes payment processing
- Investigates problems that vendors or purchasing agents have
with obtaining payment for bills
- Prepares vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements,
reports, and other records, and reviews for accuracy
- Reconciles general ledger accounts with various registers
- Extracts general ledger information
- Compiles reports, revenue and balance sheets
- Cash receipts, accounts receivable, accounts payable, journal
entry preparation processing and entry
- Monitors accounts payable and receivable to ensure that
payments are up to date
- Reconciles report discrepancies and problems
- Codes data for input to financial data processing system
according to company procedures
- Office supplies overview - reviews supply inventory, and places
- Reviews, balances, and interprets computer reports; and makes
- Assists employees, vendors, clients, or customers by answering
questions related to accounts, procedures, and services
- Prepares purchase orders
- Assists with budget preparation and processing
- Assists with financial statement formatting and preparation
- Assists with preparation of internal or audit work papers and
ad hoc reportingQUALIFICATIONS:To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Analytical - Collects and researches data; uses intuition and
experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Customer Service - Responds to requests for service and
- Communications - Exhibits good listening and comprehension;
keeps others adequately informed.
- Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification; responds
well to questions.
- Written Communication - Presents numerical data effectively.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect, inspires the trust of
others, works with integrity and principles, and upholds
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures;
completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities;
uses time efficiently.EDUCATION
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- One year certificate from college or technical school
- Accounting Clerk I - 1 to 3 Years related experience.
- Accounting Clerk II - 4 to 6 Years related experience
- Accounting Clerk III - 7+ Years related experience or 2 years'
experience with additional specialized training and/or
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before employees of the
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units
of measurement, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentage and to draw/ and
interpret bar graphs.COMPUTER SKILLS:To perform this job
successfully, an individual should have knowledge of accounting
software, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.REASONING ABILITY:
- Ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions
furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems, involving several concrete
variables, in standardized situations.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
- Physical activity includes, but is not limited to: opening,
pulling, pushing, reaching above shoulder, reaching below waist,
reaching waist to shoulder; repetitive motion with wrists, hands,
arms, and/or fingers when using a computer; standing, walking,
stooping or kneeling.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
required to sit much of the day. The employee is occasionally
required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move
up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the
ability to focus.WORK ENVIRONMENT:The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in
the work environment is usually moderate.
Keywords: LIFE Outreach International, Euless , Accounting Clerk, Accounting, Auditing , Euless, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!