Posted on: September 22, 2022
In our 'always on' world, we believe it's essential to have a
genuine connection with the work you do.CommScope is hiring a
Mechanical Engineer to join our outstanding engineering team in
Richardson, TX!How you will help us connect the worldThe
Mechanical/ Civil Design Engineer will work in the wireless steel
products engineering solutions group. Incumbent will develop steel
products used in cellular network sites.Position duties &
- Partner with Steel Product Line Managers (PLM) to build high
value customer proposals.
- Assist Steel PLM in the generation of new product ideas driven
by customer feedback and market trends.
- Lead and build designs of sophisticated wireless systems
mounting structures and generate associated product assembly
drawings & documentation for manufacturing.
- Collaborate with operations / manufacturing during the design
cycle to optimize design for manufacturability and assembly.
- Collaborate with mechanical, structural and thermal design
engineers on the wireless solutions.
- Develop the Steel product portfolio with design improvements
and cost optimization.
- Develop product bills of material and supervise product BOM
loading into SAP.Requirements:
- A completed bachelor's degree. BSME preferred and a MSME a
- Minimum of five (5) years in steel fabrication, metal casting,
sheet metal, machined parts, and plastic part design and
fabrication. Street pole, pole base, and ornamental pole design is
- Minimum of (five) 5 years of related work experience involving
the use of mechanical engineering principles and practices, as well
as knowledge of typical manufacturing processes (i.e. welding and
- Some travel may be required.You will excite us if:
- Proficient in solid modeling software and data management -
SolidWorks, SAP/PLM preferred.
- Wireless telecommunications design experience preferred.
- Strong background in FEA analysis. ANSYS preferred.
- Knowledge of electrical and electronic power distribution
- Knowledge of optical path mechanical systems.
- RF systems or cellular networking sites experience.#LI-JN1
Why CommScopeOur high integrity culture motivates employees to
bring their authentic, best self to work, and unites them around a
shared purpose. We value the role diversity and teamwork play in
bringing forth new insights and generating better
solutions.CommScope is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including
people with disabilities and veterans. To learn more visit
Keywords: CommScope, Euless , Mechanical Engineer, Engineering , Euless, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!