Volunteers of America Texas
Facility Maintenance Director - Midway
Company: Valdez International Corporation
Posted on: April 1, 2021
Volunteers of America Texas Facilities Maintenance and Fleet
Director (Texas and New Mexico)
Euless, TX 76039
VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA--- Texas
Are you looking for a job that makes a difference? Do you have a
passion for helping others? We may be the right organization for
you: VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA TEXAS.
For over 100 years VOA Texas, a faith-based and non-profit
organization, has operated with a mission of--"Helping America's
Most Vulnerable Reach Their Full Potential"--through various
programs throughout Texas. Programs are locally created, managed
and delivered to provide a wide array of human services through
PAID positions. Come and be a part of the--passion, the mission and
Position: Facilities Maintenance and Fleet Director (Texas and New
Location: Midway - Euless, TX HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING: The
Facilities Maintenance and Fleet Director is responsible for
overseeing the facility and maintenance operations for VOATX. This
includes overseeing all capital improvements, project planning, and
fleet management. The Facilities Maintenance and Fleet Director
provides input and feedback to the development and construction
teams as well as identifying areas that can improve our
effectiveness and service to our residents. Primary
- Oversees all capital expenditure plans, including but not
limited to outlining 1, 3, 5, and 10 year forecasts for each
- Evaluates electrical, plumbing, structural, painting,
installation, equipment, and other maintenance problems for level
expertise required and/or estimated costs of repair. Makes needed
repairs either directly or through subordinate staff and contracts
with outside vendors only when appropriate due to needed skill sets
not available internally.
- Responsible for all bidding of major capital needs and
- Oversees all projects, supervising and directing outside
contractors, providing regular updates on project completions and
- Negotiates contracts and establishes companywide pricing with
large vendors (i.e. carpet, vinyl, painting, lighting, appliances,
- Inspects each location on a regular basis to ensure each site
is meeting contact requirements, including quarterly and annual
walk-around to inspect and review future capital needs.
- Monitors and ensures adherence to all physical regulatory
compliance requirements of the locations.
- Monitors third party vendors to ensure work is performed as per
contract scope and timeline. Ensures the work performed is
satisfactory and to industry standards.
- Assures locations are following maintenance best practices and
- Reviews and oversees the existing preventive maintenance plan.
Updates/Develops and implements plan assuring all locations are
following proper preventative maintenance procedures.
- Works with maintenance teams on preventive maintenance
procedures to prevent safety concerns, inspection findings and
costly avoidable expense.
- Records and plans all maintenance of all vehicles in the
volunteers of America Texas fleet, to ensure safe operation in a
cost effective manner, and works effectively with Volunteers of
America Texas staff to ensure they have access to a safe vehicle
for use with their clients.
- Maintains fleet database, including VIN, and provide periodic
on-site inspection of vehicles; manage the fleet gas purchase
- Effectively manages all customer service issues, relating to
vehicles donated and sold, returning license plates, obtaining
duplicate titles, and preparing duplicate receipts. JOB
- Bachelor's degree and/or CAMT certification preferred but not
required with 10+ years multi-sire maintenance experience.
- Required maintenance certifications (EPA refrigerant
- Background in capital expenditures and construction
- Background in managing a company fleet
- Valid Texas Driver License, clear MVR, and ability to be
insured Volunteers of America Texas offers a rich benefits package
including Health, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD, Life Insurance,
Vacation and Sick time, other optional benefits and a retirement
Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today!
AA/EEO/M/F/D/V Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part
of the employment process please contact Human Resources at
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your
language: English - Spanish - Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please
choose your language: English - Spanish - Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please
click the link: English
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal
government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are
authorized to work in the U.S.
Keywords: Valdez International Corporation, Euless , Volunteers of America Texas
Facility Maintenance Director - Midway, Executive , Euless, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!