Operational Risk Officer (Governance Procedure/VP/Hybrid)
Posted on: November 20, 2022
See "Additional Job Description" for more information:
The Operational Risk Officer is a strategic professional who stays
abreast of developments within own field and contributes to
directional strategy by considering their application in own job
and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within
the business. Requires basic commercial awareness. There are
typically multiple people within the business that provide the same
level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and
diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and
convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and
occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area
through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related
to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an
entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and
effectiveness of the sub-function/job family.
- Establishes and oversees the application of operational risk
policies, technology and tools, and governance processes to create
lasting solutions for minimizing losses from failed internal
processes, inadequate controls, and emerging risks.
- Independently assess' risks and drive actions to address the
root causes that persistently lead to operational risk losses by
challenging both historical and proposed practices.
- Governance and oversight may include (not limited to)
technology operational risk, risk for example.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for Issues Management
(KPI/KRI/Corrective Action Plans)
- Resolves transactional level escalations coming from the vendor
or internal partners
- Analyzes a multitude of scorecards/performance management tools
in an attempt to mitigate exposure (risk/financial/regulatory)
- Monitors goals are met through performance, risk and
relationship oversight of our extended supply chain
- Collaborates to resolve any issues which fall within the terms
of the contract.
- Develops and maintains relationships across the business users
and Lines of Defense to better understand and deliver customer
requirements by responding to changes in the internal and external
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made,
demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation
and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving
compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to
Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal
behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing
and reporting control issues with transparency. Qualifications:
- 6-10 years experience navigating and networking across an
enterprise utilizing internal and external resources Third Party
Oversight/Vendor Oversight experience preferred Business writing
- In depth knowledge of Mortgage Servicing Operational processes
and technology platforms supporting the Operations. Education:
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent, Master's degree
- This will be a hybrid position (i.e. working on-site and from
home a couple of days each week).
- The candidate should be familiar with governance procedures -
reviewing/reading/understanding procedures. The centralization
around them and how to make sure policy is being updated and
retained properly. Run projects and interact with stakeholders.
Responsible for driving the policy and procedure harmonization
workstream. Procedure and policy governance implementation.
Regulatory change management experience. EUC governance -
Job Family Group:
Risk Management -
Miami Florida United States
Primary Location Salary Range:
$99,590.00 - $149,380.00
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to
their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified
interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are
a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to
use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review
Accessibility at Citi .
View the " EEO is the Law " poster. View the EEO is the Law
View the EEO Policy Statement .
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful
applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto
Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of
employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to
commencement of employment.
Keywords: Citi, Euless , Operational Risk Officer (Governance Procedure/VP/Hybrid), Executive , Euless, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!