Director of Operations
Company: United Petroleum Transports
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Job Location: - - -TX - DFW - Euless, TX
Salary Range: - - -$100,000.00 - $120,000.00 Salary/year
DescriptionTitle: Director of Operations South/Central
Location: DFW CSC
Reports To: Vice President of Operations South/Central
The Director of Operations will help lead and guide the Customer
Service Centers (CSC), input on regional Profit and Loss (P&L),
input/monitor CSCs strategic planning, resources and asset
management, operational oversight, technical and pricing input to
proposals, and personnel management. The individual will be
responsible for developing CSC operational implementation scheduled
for new business areas and provide input into the evaluation of new
business while ensuring that all special projects are well planned
and implemented. UPT is committed to the Guiding Principles of the
Responsible Care initiative and anticipates that all employees will
share our commitment by conducting themselves consistent with those
principles to make the industry even safer for our employees and
- Promote operational safety and compliance in all
- Assist VP with leading, directing and oversight of CSCs and
respective staffing needs.
- Provide analytics and recommendations on upkeep and count of
CSC adequate tractor and trailer equipment.
- Track and monitor driver slip seating capabilities throughout
- Collaborate with VP of Operations and VP of Sales on new
customer set up and risk assessment.
- Engage with customers to drive growth and cultivate
relationships as well as help in resolving escalated customer
- Focus on Operational efficiencies in each CSC.
- Initiate sales revenue by building and expanding operational
- Support and help establish processes and procedures for
optimizing the utilization of equipment in conjunction with
information technology tools.
- P&L input and monitoring for each CSC.
- Formulate forecasts and set goals to achieve those forecasts,
by CSC, to help reach the company objectives.
- Conduct monthly Key Business Objective reviews for each CSC and
provide data analytics to VP of Ops.
- Measure expenses, retention, and facility conditions for each
CSC by providing update on weekly Key Performance
- Travel as needed to each CSC throughout the year.
- Collaborate with VP of Ops on strategies to optimize
- Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities as may
be assigned by the VP of Operations.
QualificationsKnowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have strong knowledge and understanding of bulk liquids
(emphasis on Chemical and Lubes) and of FMCSA/DOT and other state
regulatory guidelines and standards.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications,
planning, negotiation, customer relations and problem-solving
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to lead in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Display professional demeanor.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize data and metrics to drive
decision making and optimization.
- Good interpersonal skills; able to work well with wide range of
- Demonstrate dependability through good attendance and adherence
to timelines and schedules.
- Intermediate to Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office
Suite and Transportation related software).
- Sitting for long periods of time, walking, finger dexterity,
feeling, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual
- Occasional lifting (up to 20 pounds).
- Primary office, CSC-DFW. (Euless)
- Normal office environment. This role routinely uses standard
office equipment such as computers, phones, and
- Required to travel 30% or more.
Minimum Qualifications for Consideration:
- Business Degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of significant bulk chemical/lube industry
- 8 + year of progressive management / leadership
- Proven track record in building scalable, repeatable processes
and a disciplined, data driven culture.
- Relationships with high-quality carriers is a plus.
- Competent skills to produce accurate and well-presented
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
Keywords: United Petroleum Transports, Euless , Director of Operations, Executive , Euless, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...