SURGICAL SCRUB TECHNOLOGISTS (CST) - MULTIPLE DFW LOCATIONS!
Posted on: January 15, 2022
SEEKING -PREOP/PACU REGISTERED NURSES FOR MULTIPLE
BAYLOR-AFFILIATED SURGICAL FACILITIES ACROSS DALLAS-FORT WORTH:
- GREAT WORK/LIFE BALANCE -
- COMPETITIVE SIGN-ON BONUSES AVAILABLE -
- UNLIMITED GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES -
- MANAGEABLE RATIOS/SMALLER CENTERS - -
- Anticipates the needs of the surgical team.
- Establishes and maintains sterile field during surgical
procedures in the operating room.
- Ensures sterility of all supplies and instruments during set up
of surgical procedures.
- Assists circulating nurse and surgical team in maintaining
- Assists circulating nurse in gathering necessary surgical
supplies and equipment.
- Is responsible for doing sponge, needle, and instrument count
pre-operatively and intra-operatively with the circulating
- Gowns and gloves surgeons and assistants.
- Assists in keeping physician preference cards
- Retains all specimens to be sent to pathology, confirming
source/name of specimen with surgeon.
- Transports all surgical equipment to appropriate cleaning
areas. Assists in sterile supply with cleaning and reprocessing of
- Interacts appropriately and effectively with all
patients/others regardless of age or ethnic background.
- Uses Standard Universal Precautions, appropriate hand hygiene,
personal protective equipment, and safe practices to ensure
personal safety and a safe environment. 10. Assists with
environmental hazard and infection control surveillance and
participates in emergency preparedness drills.
- Follows all equipment and safety guidelines and is responsible
for knowledgeable use and care of equipment.
- Serves as a resource to other members of the health care
- Attends in-services, conferences, and meetings as
- Communicates effectively and courteously with visitors,
physicians, and their office staffs, patients, and employees.
Maintains patient, physician, and employee privacy and
confidentiality per policy.
- Maintains designated certifications such as CPR, as offered by
- Acts in accordance with the vision, mission, and business
philosophy of the Center.
- Complies with Policies and Procedures, and adheres to safety
guidelines to ensure a safe work and patient care environment.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual
shall be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.Education and/or Experience: High School
Diploma / GED; completion of a Scrub Technician Program.
Certification required. Two years ' experience as a Scrub Tech in
multiple specialties or an equivalent combination of education and
experience.Reasoning Ability: Able to apply common sense
understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
Able to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in
standardized situations.Other skills and abilities: General
familiarity with medical terminology as it pertains to anatomy and
surgical procedures for an operating room.Employment practices will
not be influenced or affected by an applicant 's or employee 's
race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally
protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for
qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would
result in an undue hardship.
Keywords: USPI, Euless , SURGICAL SCRUB TECHNOLOGISTS (CST) - MULTIPLE DFW LOCATIONS!, Healthcare , Mansfield, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!