Physical Therapist - PRN
Company: Texas Rehabilitation Hospital of Fort Worth
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Texas Rehabilitation Hospital is a 66 bed Acute Inpatient
Rehabilitation Facility (IRF), located in the medical district of
Fort Worth, TX. We offer specialized treatment programs for
patients recovering from stroke, brain injury, neurological
conditions, trauma, spinal cord injury, amputation and orthopedic
injury. Our rehabilitation programs are centered around the
individual needs of each patient to improve health, function and
quality of life.
The Physical Therapist (PT) assumes responsibility and
accountability for a designated group of patients and provides
physical therapy evaluations, modalities, and treatments in
accordance with established hospital and departmental policies and
procedures, maintaining the highest degree of quality patient care.
Assists patients to reach their maximum performance and level of
functioning while learning to live within the limits of their
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for the care of those
patients being treated by Physical Therapist Assistants and Therapy
techs. May be assigned to orient staff and students and assume the
duties and responsibilities of the supervisor in the absence of
- Assesses patients' needs; identifies and initiates appropriate
physical therapy interventions; works cooperatively with other
patient team personnel in maintaining standards for professional
physical therapy practice and interdisciplinary teamwork.
- Observes and evaluates treatment affect, accomplishment of
short and long term goals. Recommends change to physician, if
- Performs an appropriate assessment on each patient and performs
reassessments, as per policy. Performs accurate and timely QI
scoring. The population is adult and geriatric patients requiring
an adult medical rehabilitation program and services.
- Able to assess patient pain interfering with optimal level of
function of participation in rehabilitation; makes appropriate
interventions to reduce pain; makes appropriate physician contact
- Formulates and updates patient specific plan of care for
- Reports patient progress and barriers to discharge in each
patient team conference
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that
optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of
medical/health care errors.
- Formulates a teaching plan based on identified learning needs
and evaluates effectiveness of learning; family is included in
teaching, as appropriate. Performs appropriate
- Demonstrates knowledge, competency and proficiency of physical
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity.
Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic, and
religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families.
- Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly. Maintains
department cleanliness and safety.
- Interacts professionally with patient/family and involves
patient/family in the formation of the plan of care.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to physicians, staff,
and administrative team.
- Participates in patient/family conferences and team
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized, and to
function under stressful situations.
- Maintains a good working relationship both within the
department and with other departments.
- Consults other departments, as appropriate, to collaborate in
patient care and performance improvement activities.
- Meets current documentation standards and policies. Documents
goals on the Interdisciplinary Care Plan on admission of the
patient and provides updates regularly.
- Participates in educational staff performance improvement
in-services. Assists with orientation and in-service training for
certified department staff members. Participates in guidance and
- Ensures that patient charges are accurate and entered on a
- Participates in infection control, departmental equipment
training, and organizational safety and fire safety
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current licensure as a Physical Therapist in the state where
the hospital is located.
- Inpatient rehab experience preferred
- Current BLS/CPR Card.
Keywords: Texas Rehabilitation Hospital of Fort Worth, Euless , Physical Therapist - PRN, Healthcare , Euless, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!