JOB DESCRIPTION JOB DUTIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Assembles, inspects, and packages a variety of cable and
antenna products and related components and accessories.
• May assemble some components using mechanical aids such as
presses, jigs, etc.
• Depending on product may make electrical connections per
• As required, uses hand or power tools, soldering irons,
packaging equipment, etc. to complete assignment(s).
• In accordance with work orders, job directions and dimensional
drawings, retrieves components and/or supplies from designated area
and sets up work area.
• Moves completed work to assigned location(s).
• Completes required job control, inventory, and related
• Maintains assigned work area and equipment in a safe and
• Employee is responsible for determining if he/she has adequate
information and materials to complete task as directed.
• Employee may assist less experienced Assemblers in identifying
equipment or material problems.
• Questions regarding equipment operation, materials, assembly
methods, etc. are referred to the Operations Supervisor and/or
• As needed for the specific assignment, may have to use hand
tools or operate bench mounted power assist tools (e.g. presses,
etc.) to complete work assignment(s).
• May use pallet jacks, rolling storage units, or other
materials moving equipment, etc. to move raw materials and finished
• High School Diploma or GED preferred but not required.
• Minimum one (1) year of manufacturing / assembly experience
• Required skills include ability to understand dimensional
drawings and assembly diagrams.
• Good verbal & written communication skills required
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to stand and reach with hands and arms. Position may
required to walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch,
or crawl; and taste or smell.
• Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds,
frequently lift and/or
move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift, with assistance, up
to 100 pounds.