Prevention Specialist - Strengthening Families
Company: Volunteers of America Texas
Posted on: April 27, 2021
VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA - Texas
Are you looking for a job that makes a difference? Do you have a
passion for helping others? We may be the right organization for
you: VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA TEXAS.
For over 100 years VOA Texas, a faith-based and non-profit
organization, has operated with a mission of Helping America's Most
Vulnerable Reach Their Full Potential through various programs
throughout Texas. Programs are locally created, managed and
delivered to provide a wide array of human services through PAID
positions. Come and be a part of the passion, the mission and the
Position: Prevention Specialist - SF
Location: Euless, TX
Rate of Pay: $17.59 per hour
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
The Prevention Specialist - SF is responsible for providing
curriculum based support groups and drug abuse prevention
educational presentations for parents and youth in accordance with
approved curriculum and contractual requirements. The Prevention
Specialist - SF may also be responsible for outreach/recruitment
activities designed to enlist participants for prevention
- Conducts curriculum-based educational groups for youth on a
weekly basis at various program sites throughout the
- Documents attendance and relevant information regarding client
participation in the program.
- Provides monthly summaries and reports as required.
- Assists with training of volunteers.
- Works with other agency staff to ensure client's needs are
- Performs community outreach activities designed to recruit
participants for prevention programs.
- Directly recruits youth and adults for prevention
- Maintains fidelity to approved curriculum and upholds
- Attends training to provide services in other areas within the
- Promotes an organizational culture that fosters passion for the
mission, cooperation, open and frequent communication, teamwork,
and is in alignment with the organizational vision.
- Attends all required meetings and training
- Requires regular attendance and punctuality during the
scheduled shift to perform the above essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalency required plus demonstrated
ability to manage classrooms and conduct structured
- One year experience in substance abuse services and/or
community outreach desirable. Bilingual (English/Spanish) highly
- Valid Texas Drivers License, clear MVR and the ability to be
Volunteers of America Texas offers a rich benefits package
including Health, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD, Life Insurance,
Vacation and Sick time, other optional benefits and a retirement
Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today!
Keywords: Volunteers of America Texas, Euless , Prevention Specialist - Strengthening Families, Other , Euless, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!