Company: Capital One
Posted on: April 30, 2021
Plano 6 (31066), United States of America, Plano, Texas
Are you an Experience Designer looking for a new challenge? Are you
looking for an opportunity to grow in visual design, interaction
design, customer research and influence product strategy? Do you
want to transform an industry centered around how people find and
finance cars? Then Capital One may just be the right place for
At Capital One, we think big and do big things. Today we are a
high-tech company, an innovation laboratory, and a nationally
recognized brand that reaches tens of millions of consumers. We are
a passionate and entrepreneurial team that embraces bold ideas,
fosters collaboration, and delivers great consumer experiences.
It's audacious work at a massive scale. As a team, we come to work
every day looking to build digital experiences that are authentic
As a designer, you are:
* Action Oriented. You don't wait for someone to tell you what to
do, you are constantly pushing a vision and a point of view through
your designs. You love expressing your design ideas in a variety of
formats, at any stage of development, as quickly as possible.
* A Strategic Problem-Solver. You're comfortable in ambiguity and
passionate about finding clarity. You consider multiple
perspectives, objectives, and needs to arrive at the ideal
solution. You're business savvy while keeping your users' needs at
the forefront of your designs.
* Customer Obsessed. You are genuinely interested in designing
beautiful experiences that impact people's lives. You make it your
business to know as much as you can about the people you are
designing for and make design decisions based on their needs.
* Collaborative. You're a proactive team player who puts the
interest of the team above your own. You will collaborate with
business analysts, product managers, developers and design teams on
research activities, strategy sessions, ideation, design, and
testing of new product concepts.
* A Storyteller. You're able to develop clear and persuasive
stories about your work that you share with a wide range of
audiences, including business partners and stakeholders. You're
able to present research findings and design concepts to designers
and product partners.
* Detail Oriented. You're proud that your production files are
always pixel perfect and you've thought through every permutation
of your designs, making the development process smooth sailing.
* A Master Craftsperson. You push tools like Sketch, InVision,
Figma, and Adobe Suite to their extreme. You efficiently use your
skill sets to develop new designs within existing visual systems
and design languages and you are at the forefront of defining new
* A Successful Juggler. You don't get overwhelmed or flustered
easily. You're able to keep track of multiple projects at once,
manage your time efficiently and communicate scheduling with your
manager and the broader team. You know that projects can adjust at
the drop of a hat, you are adaptable and welcome change.
* A Lifelong Learner. You have a hunger to learn about design and
different ways of creating great customer experiences.
What you'll bring:
* A portfolio which demonstrates strong understanding of User
Experience Design including (but not limited to): user flows,
information architecture, journey mapping, and translating customer
research, analytics, and insights into wireframes and high-fidelity
* Experience practicing human-centered design and UX practices,
using a range of methodologies including (but not limited to):
design research, service blueprinting, collaborative work session
design and facilitation, ideation, rapid prototyping, and creating
frameworks to strategically define ideal experiences.
* Experience creating prototypes that showcase multiple design
concepts quickly, with an acute understanding of what customer and
business problems they solve.
* Proficiency with current design and collaboration tools (Figma,
Sketch, Invision, etc) and a strong desire to always learn more
* Ability to scope requests, develop and communicate a level of
effort, plan work in a team environment, adjust quickly to changes
or new information, and escalate when necessary.
* Experience working with established brand guidelines, style
guides, and code-based design systems.
ability to work closely with engineers to implement designs.
* Experience delivering responsive designs across and tailored to
large monitors, tablets, phones and other device types.
* Constantly bring a diverse group of stakeholders along the design
journey. In this role, you'll use visual and verbal storytelling to
share your discoveries, gather and integrate feedback, influence,
and create energy for an idea or an initiative.
* Ability to work from low fidelity to high fidelity.
* Ability to work collaboratively within cross-disciplinary teams,
as well as ability to work independently.
* Understanding of an agile/scrum development process.
* At least 5 years of User Experience Design
* Bachelor's Degree Design related field
* Master's degree in a design related field
* Experience with conducting user experience research
* Experience working with a code based design system (front-end
development experience is a plus)
* 5+ years of experience with user experience design
* 2+ years of experience with Design Thinking, Lean UX, or user
centered design methodologies
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for
employment authorization for this position.
Keywords: Capital One, Euless , UI/UX Designer, Other , Euless, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!