Summer Camp Counselor
Company: City of Euless, TX
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Under direct supervision of the Summer Camp Coordinator, the
Camp Counselor is responsible for serving as leaders and mentors
for our youth camp participants. Camp Coordinators will assist with
the planning, organization and implementation of activities for the
day camp program.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leading and supporting campers as they participate in
- Interacts professionally and respectfully with the public,
coworkers and others in the course of daily work.
- Respond to incidents, such as behavioral problems or accidents
and reports information to Camp Coordinator
- Ability to relate to youth and adults in a positive manner
- Accompanies youth on field trips.
- Participates in field trips as assigned and monitors campers to
ensure compliance with camp rules
- Memorizes all emergency procedures including all required
transportation protocols such as head counts, hazard awareness and
effectively handling emergency situations.
- Ability to observe camper behavior, assess its appropriateness,
enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures,
and apply appropriate behavior-management techniques.
- Must have a great attitude.
- Participate in cleaning, maintaining and ensuring proper use of
camp facilities and equipment.
- Handle questions, problems and concerns of parents/guardians
before, during and after camp.
- Communicate and work with the Camp Coordinator and coworkers as
an effective strong team
- Must maintain regular and timely attendance as well as neat and
- Must attend mandatory training prior to start of camp as well
as all assigned staff meetings during camp
- Drives city vehicle including van and trucks.
- Operates computer, printer, copy machine, telephones,
recreational equipment, etc.
- Must have High School Diploma, or GED.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Experience working with children preferred.
- Skill in dealing effectively and efficiently with youth.
- Understands and follows oral and written instructions.
- Knowledge of planning and coordinating daily activities.
- Works alone and is a self-starter.
- Must have, a valid Texas Driver's License.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test and physical exam.
- Must pass a background check.
- Must be able to work various shifts, including some
- Ability to work outside, in inclement weather, including heat
and humidity, for multiple hours with few breaks.
- Frequently required to stand, bend, walk, run, stretch, twist,
kneel, crouch, push and pull while working with youth.
FUNCTIONAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
Sitting; standing; walking; running; stretching; twisting;
kneeling; crouching; pushing/pulling loads up to 70 lbs.; verbal
communication, lifting/carrying loads up to 55 lbs.; stair/ladder
climbing; overhead reaching; near/distant vision; able to set up
and take down athletic equipment; moving large and awkward objects
alone; work is indoors and outdoors.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
Return to full list >>
Equal Opportunity and Job Accommodation
The City of Euless affords equal employment opportunity to all
individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, sex,
religion, age, genetic information, disability status or veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or
The Immigration and Control Act of 1986 requires the City of
Euless to hire only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized alien
workers. Employability verification will be required of prospective
The City makes reasonable accommodations for interviews and
jobs. Please make us aware if you need an accommodation.
If you have any questions, please contact HR at
Keywords: City of Euless, TX, Euless , Summer Camp Counselor, Other , Euless, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!