Sr Associate Data Platforms
Company: Santander Holdings USA Inc
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Description The Sr. Associate, Data Platforms is responsible for
designing application hosting solutions and partnering with data
engineering, infrastructure, reporting and application development
teams for rollout of projects. In addition, the Sr. Associate
engages in the solution proposal process which involves researching
and finding the appropriate technology, educating, and creating the
approach to implement new technology
- Coordinate with Project Management, data engineering, database
administration and reporting teams on data flows and data
configuration changes in the supported platforms -- SQL Server,
Tableau, SSRS, SAS
- Participates in defining corporate implementation and
integration strategies of new technologies both on premise and
cloud environments and their associated services
- Interact with infrastructure teams for compute, storage and
- Experience in working with 3rd party/vendors to manage licenses
and upgrade projects for various software and hardware
- Experience in managing SQL Server, Storage, Network capacities
for data storage.
- Support installations, upgrades, technical releases,
configuration and troubleshooting for systems
- Contributes to the improvement of process, procedures and
protocols to support governance and maintain a high level of
- Capacity planning across all data platforms technologies and
- Participate in an on-call rotation which requires after hours
and weekend coverage
- Acts as an escalation point in conjunction with the assigned
Project Manager for any deployment issues or escalations.
- Exercise forethought to avoid project issues, work to resolve
issues independently or escalate as appropriate
- Exercise appropriate caution and testing before performing
- Coordinates the standardization of platforms and interfacing of
systems among regional computer centers while maintaining
responsibility for the implementation and maintenance of data
platforms which facilitate the support of department success.
- Ensure data warehouse and reporting teams have consistent
support and visibility into the health of the applications and
systems. Identifies potential issues and trends and takes
- Defines best practices and standards and ensures that they are
applied consistently by team members
- Write and maintain technical documentation
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS or AZURE with hands
on cloud knowledge on compute, storage, data securityPreferred
- Experience supporting modern data platforms using cloud native
- Routine administration, monitoring maintenance and tuning of
- Experience with SAS Platform performance tuning and developing
SAS architecture solutions
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving SAS platform
- Perform new installations & upgrades as needed and apply hot
- Manage Tableau Server environments (single node/multi-node
- Hands on experience as a BI application administrator
performing installation, upgrading, monitoring, debugging, tuning
and capacity planning
- Experience with Tableau administration with a strong
understanding of Tableau architecture
- Experience in scripting languages such as PowerShell,
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- May assist in other related departments as required by business
- Bachelor--s degree in computer science, mathematics, or natural
- Minimum 5 years development & administration experience with
Informatica suite, SQL Server or other relational databases.
- Experience with SSRS, SAS, Tableau administration, and storage
& network management preferred
- Nice to have skills in managing big data & other market leading
- Able to provide training and mentorship to technical staff of
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to lead multiple complex projects and communicate clearly
with leaders and team members.
- Must coordinate projects with Project Management.
- Effective bridge builder among business and IT teams.
- High capacity for learning.
- Ability to work well with people from many different
disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
- Ability to handle fast-paced environment. Employer--s Rights:
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job.
You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other
duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance
of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at
any time. This job description is not a contract for employment,
and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any
time, for any reason.At Santander, we value and respect differences
in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams.
We actively encourage everyone to apply.Employees desiring
consideration should complete an online application, utilizing the
appropriate process as subscribed by the posting entity. Employees
should provide all pertinent information to support their
candidacy.To be considered eligible for internal posting, Santander
employees must meet all of the following eligibility requirements:
- Completion of at least one year of active service in
- Completion of at least twelve months in current position
- Be in "Good Standing"Please click here to see the full policy
Keywords: Santander Holdings USA Inc, Euless , Sr Associate Data Platforms, Other , Euless, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!