Support Specialist - IDD DFW
Company: Volunteers of America Texas
Posted on: May 11, 2022
VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA -- TexasAre you looking for a job that
makes a difference? - Do you have a passion for helping others? -
We may be the right organization for you: - VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA
TEXAS. - -For over 100 years VOA Texas, a faith-based and
non-profit organization, has operated with a mission of -"Helping
America's Most Vulnerable Reach Their Full Potential" -through
various programs throughout Texas. - Programs are locally created,
managed and delivered to provide a wide array of human services
through PAID positions. - Come and be a part of the -passion, the
mission and the tradition! -Position: Support Specialist - IDD
DFWLocation: - Euless, Texas Rate of Pay: - 40,000 annually
Schedule: - Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. - HERE'S WHAT
YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Coordinating the delivery of Waiver services to the VOATX
- Organizing and directing services to ensure compliance with
applicable federal law, state certification principles for
participation in the Home and Community Based Services and Texas
Home Living programs, and VOATX policies.
- Ensuring that all types of support is delivered by qualified
- Developing -each participant's Implementation Plan related to
their Individual Plan of Care.
- Informing individuals and/or his/her legally authorized
representative and LIDDA Service Coordinator about recipient's IPC,
any agreed-upon changes in IPC prior to implementing the changes,
and be available to answer their questions about the IPC.
- Ensuring that documentation of all supports delivered to
participants is accurate and timely in accordance with VOATX
policies and the applicable HCS/TxHmL billing guidelines.
- Ensuring appropriate Level of Need assignments and initiates
requests for changes to DADS.
- Ensuring that services are delivered timely and in accordance
with participants' plans of care and progress toward identified
outcomes are documented and monitored.
- Ensuring all state required documentation including ID/RCs,
IPCs, ICAPs, etc. are completed by required deadlines to ensure
continuity of care.
- Recording and maintaining documents in a timely manner:
completing staffing reports, IPCs, POCs, ICAPs, training
documentation, support notes, and other required
- Reviewing at least monthly, all HCS participants' utilization
and adds/edits/deletes services as needed and ensures services have
been delivered timely and all billing has been collected.
- Supervising and coordinating transportation as needed. - JOB
- Bachelor's degree in social sciences or related field plus one
year experience with intellectual and developmental disabilities OR
a high school diploma/GED plus five years direct experience with
intellectual and developmental disabilities OR the equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Social work certification and supervisory experience are highly
- Valid Texas Driver's License, clear MVR and ability to be
insured required. - Volunteers of America Texas offers a rich
benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD, Life
Insurance, Vacation and Sick time, other optional benefits and a
retirement plan. -Make a living by making a difference. Apply
online today! AA/EEO/M/F/D/V #CB
Keywords: Volunteers of America Texas, Euless , Support Specialist - IDD DFW, Other , Euless, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!