Teller Supervisor (Full Time) - Euless
Company: PROSPERITY BANK
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionPOSITION PURPOSEResponsible for implementing
existing policies, procedures, and systems involving cashiering
operations and customer service functions. Coordinates, directs,
and assigns work. Responsible for smooth flow of Teller lines,
adequate window coverage, and general training. Oversees provision
of a full range of services (including phone and mail) to customers
and prospective customers. Ensures that customers are promptly and
professionally served. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES 1.
Assumes responsibility for ensuring and performing efficient,
effective, and professional Teller operations.
- Ensures that all Teller functions are correctly performed and
are in accordance with established polices and standards. Ensures
that all security procedures are followed.
- Coordinates Teller operations by assisting in assigning work
and distributing workflow.
- Answers Teller's questions, solves problems, and assists with
complex transactions and sensitive customer relations problems.
Explains policies and procedures to customers. Makes judgments for
Tellers (within limits of authority) pertaining to cashing and/or
accepting checks or drafts.
- Investigates Teller out-of-balance conditions and institutes
corrective procedures. Assists in finding balancing errors. Ensures
that each Teller balances at the end of each day and that all
monies are secured in accordance with established procedures.
- Performs Teller paying and receiving functions as required.
Receives deposits and loan payments. Prepares proper receipts.
- Maintains an inventory of cashier's checks, money orders,
receipts, travelers checks, and other negotiable items for use in
the Teller area
- Experienced in Windows and Excel spreadsheet applications.
- Monitors needs of New Accounts and provides back up as
necessary 2. Assumes responsibility for ensuring and effectively
performing customer service functions.
- Ensures that customer service functions are performed in
accordance with established policies and standards.
- Resolves customers' requests, problems, and questions promptly
or refers appropriately.
- Presents and explains Bank services and products to customers
and assists in meeting their financial needs. Answers questions and
solves problems for customers by listening to problems, collecting
data, securing answers, and reporting results to the inquiring
- Receives and directs customers and telephone calls. Responds to
inquiries and questions if possible or directs them as necessary.
Records and relays messages.
- Performs file maintenance and account changes as needed.
- Keeps customers informed of Bank services and policies,
including types of available accounts, interest and dividend rates,
payroll deduction options, and other related services.
- Maintains and projects the Bank's professional reputation.
Maintains privacy of customer account information.
- Actively cross sells Bank products and services. 3. Effectively
supervises area personnel, ensuring optimal performance.
- Provides leadership to personnel through effective objective
setting, delegation, and communication.
- Ensures that personnel are well trained, effective, and
optimally used. Provides instruction regarding policy, procedure,
and service and product offerings. Assists new employees.
- Provides personnel with sales training according to
Prosperity's sales philosophy
- Monitors tellers to insure compliance with policy, procedures
and sales culture
- Tracks individual employee progress and assists with
performance appraisals as required. Provides support and
suggestions for employee improvement.
- Assists and supports personnel as needed.
- Assume the management role in the absence of the lobby manager.
4. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining
effective communication and coordination with branch and area
personnel and with management.
- Coordinates Teller duties and responsibilities with related
functions within and outside of the branch.
- Keeps management informed of area activities and of any
significant problems. Provides suggestions for improved
- Completes required reports and related documents promptly and
- Attends meetings as required. 5. Assumes responsibility for
related duties as required or assigned.
- Ensures that work areas and equipment are clean and well
- Performs procedures for opening and closing of operations,
including vault, alarm, and door duties.
- Replaces Tellers as needed.
- Performs related clerical functions as required.PERFORMANCE
MEASUREMENTS1. Teller functions are efficiently, accurately, and
effectively performed in accordance with established policies and
standards. 2. Security procedures are understood and adhered to by
all Tellers.3. Monies are balanced and any discrepancies promptly
resolved.4. Tellers are appropriately directed, assisted, and
supported.5. Good business relations exist with customers.
Customers' problems or questions are courteously and promptly
resolved.6.Good working relationships and coordination exist with
area personnel and with management. Management is appropriately
informed of area activities.7. Required reports and records are
accurate, complete, and timely.8. The Bank's professional
reputation is maintained and conveyed.9.Transaction levels,
balancing, errors, etc. are in line with Bank
standards.QUALIFICATIONSEducation/Certification: High school
graduate or equivalent. Required Knowledge: A thorough knowledge of
Teller operations and procedures.Good understanding of Bank
operationsUnderstanding of Bank philosophy.Knowledge of basic
accounting.Skills/Abilities: Excellent communication and leadership
skills.Supervisory and training abilities.Uses good judgement for
sound decisionsProfessional appearance, dress, and attitude.Solid
math skills.Ability to operate related computer software, and
business equipment including 10-key, money counters, and
telephone.Monday - Friday: FlexibleSaturday: 8:45am-1:15pm40 hours
Keywords: PROSPERITY BANK, Euless , Teller Supervisor (Full Time) - Euless, Other , Euless, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!