Data Scientist-Mid Level
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a hardworking and dedicated Data
Scientist-Mid Level to work remotely and convene with team members
at least 4 times per year.
Uses sophisticated techniques that integrate traditional and
non-traditional datasets and method to enable analytical solutions.
Applies predictive analytics, machine learning, simulation, and
optimization techniques to generate management insights and enable
customer-facing applications; participates in building analytical
solutions maximizing internal and external applications to deliver
value and build competitive advantage. Translates sophisticated
analytical and technical concepts to non-technical employees.Job
- Identifies and leads existing and emerging risks that stem from
business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
successfully identified, measured, supervised, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Partners with analysts across the organization to fully define
business problems and research questions; Supports SMEs on cross
matrixed teams to take on highly sophisticated work critical to the
- Integrates and extracts relevant information from large amounts
of both structured and unstructured data (internal and external) to
enable analytical solutions.
- Conducts sophisticated analytics using predictive modeling,
machine learning, simulation, optimization and other techniques to
deliver insights or develop analytical solutions to achieve
- Supports Subject Matter Experts (SME's) on efforts to develop
scalable, efficient, automated solutions for large scale data
analyses, model development, model validation and model
- Works with IT to research architecture for new products,
services, and features.
- Develops algorithms and supporting code such that research
efforts are based on the highest quality data.
- Translates sophisticated analytical and technical concepts to
non-technical employees to enable understanding and drive advised
business decisions.Minimum Requirements:
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics,
Quantitative Economics, Statistics, or related field; OR 6 years of
related experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience
required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 4 years of related experience in predictive modeling, large
data analysis and computer science.
- Proficient knowledge of the function/discipline and proven
application of knowledge, skills, and abilities towards work
- Proficient level of business insight in the areas of the
business operations, industry practices and emerging trends.
- Experience in data mining and statistical analysis.
- Knowledge of Data Science principals and experience with data
- Experience with any one of the following statistical and
predictive modeling approaches: Gaussian Process; Markov Models;
Hierarchical Clustering; K-Means; Linear Regression; Logistic
Regression; Monte Carlo Simulation; Neural Networks.Preferred
- Relevant banking domain knowledge particularly in areas such as
AML, Fraud, Consumer Disputes, or Central Operations.
- Strong Python, SQL skills.
- Project experience with Graph Databases such as Neo4j, AWS
Neptune or similar.
- Worked with data platforms such as Hive in Hadoop, Spark,
- Exposure to natural language processing (NLP), deep learning,
- Model risk experience, or hands-on experience taking models
through development and model risk validation, at a financial
institution guided by OCC 2011-12 and FRB SR 11-7.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate (written and oral)
complex analytical and technical concepts to both technical and
non-technical employees.The above description reflects the details
considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job
and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the
work requirements that may be performed in the
job.Compensation:USAA has an effective process for assessing market
data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You
are paid within the salary range based on your experience and
market position. The salary range for this position is:
$88,200-$158,900.Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based
on overall corporate and individual performance or at the
discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.*Geographical
Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay
provided to eligible employees working in locations where market
pay levels are above the national average.Shift premium will be
addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are
consistently scheduled for non-core hours.Benefits:At USAA our
employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical,
financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
goals.To see details on our outstanding benefits, visit Relocation
assistance is not available for this position.#FSB
Keywords: USAA, Euless , Data Scientist-Mid Level, Other , Euless, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!