Company: Excel Fitness
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Position: Shift Lead
Reports to: General Manager (GM)/Assistant Manager (AM)
Purpose: Help club management supervise and lead a team of
employees in a designated location, during an assigned work shift,
ensuring compliance with Excel and Planet Fitness policies,
practices and objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the General Manager and Assistant Manager in
implementing strategies to attract and keep customers based on our
Excel Core Values.
- Utilize performance tracker to be in line with company metric
- Supervise and motivate staff to perform to their best abilities
during assigned work shift.
- Monitor and maintain club cleanliness and atmosphere.
- Identify training needs by ensuring that all staff meets Excel
standards and report findings to club management.
- Conduct regular audits to ensure the store is presentable and
holding up to Excel Standard.
- Make sure all employees adhere to company's policies and
guidelines and address any minor infractions. Shift Lead should
bring up any major infractions with club management to
- Communicate with members and a create a high level of customer
- Perform daily club inspections, assign cleaning or associated
tasks along with re-inspecting said tasks
- Hold employees accountable for meeting company standards, audit
daily paperwork, and help resolve any day-to-day customer
- Audit club inventory and communicate with GM and Assistant
Manager on recommendations of inventory orders.
- May be responsible to oversee club operations and staff when
the General Manager/Assistant Manager is off or unavailable
- Help train new employees and be a team resource by accurately
answering questions/concerns, modeling expected behaviors, and
correctly training on operational processes as
- HS diploma or equivalent required.
- Proven ability to lead, encourage, develop and supervise the
work of others.
- Familiar with Excel mission, values, vision, and culture, as
well as the Planet Fitness brand and operational requirements
- Demonstrated the ability, confidence and leadership to managing
- Great communication skills with internal and external
- Must be team oriented, motivated and well organized.
- Ability to think critically and evaluate solutions to problems
Supervisory Responsibility: This position will oversee up to 6
employees during assigned work shift. Will ensure team can
adequately exhibit and maintain all Excel values, principles, and
duties, as well as meets established club performance metrics.
Work Environment: This job operates in a fitness club environment
and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers,
photocopiers, fax machines and phones. The noise level in the club
environment may be loud on a regular basis.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to
stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with
hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance,
stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift
and move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and move objects up
to 75 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time,
non-exempt position. A non-exempt employee is one who is entitled
to the minimum wage and/or overtime pay protections of the FLSA.
Days and hours of work can be expected to be between 30-40 hours
per week. Depending on which club schedule is operated at the
location, the shift will typically occur during a weekday late
afternoon between 2pm and 10pm or during the weekend between 7am
and 7pm. This position may work outside of regularly scheduled
shift hours to include mornings, evenings, weekends, and overnight
as required. These hours are subject to change at any time
dependent on business needs.
EEO Statement: Excel Fitness is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We
are committed to the policy of equal employment opportunity in
recruitment, hiring, career advancement, and all other employment
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to
cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
Keywords: Excel Fitness, Euless , Shift Lead, Other , Euless, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!