Company: The Gund Company
Posted on: January 26, 2023
OverviewJoin The Gund Company, where you will find friends who will
support and challenge you to crush goals that provide amazing
growth opportunities. We are in the business of electrical
insulation manufacturing, but we really pride ourselves in just
being a group of fun, driven, problem solvers who LOVE what we
do!The Gund Company: Take Care of Each Other, Take Care of the
Customer and Take Care of the BusinessJob Summary
- Focuses on determining the best cost structure to meet customer
- Partners with the customer service representatives (CSRs) and
sales teams to prepare quotes to meet customer requirements.
- Responsible for cost estimate of labor and materials on
proposed projects for bid.
- Collaborates with engineering and production staff to assure
accuracy of cost estimates.
- Requires extensive knowledge of products and services.
- Work assignments require deep discipline-specific knowledge
and/or experience.Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- By market/facility, become an expert in the product line,
production capabilities, and cost structure related to satisfying
our customer's requirements.
- Assist in customer requirement review including specifications
- Visit TGC facilities participating in GEMBA and Kaizen
activities to understand TGC processes.
- Develop and improve costing calculators and models by product
line to drive the efficiency and accuracy of the quoting process.
(Visual Estimating Window, costing models, automated quoting module
- Participate in the Quote follow-up process in order to
understand what it will take to earn the business while working
with the sales and service team to make necessary quotation
- Participate in the 'after' Quote process (After Action Review -
AAR) in order to understand the customer's feedback and analyze our
process capability for improvement opportunities via Kaizen
- Lead the implementation of the Gross Profit Review Process in
coordination with the Production Manager, Value Stream Manager,
and/or the Market Manager. Entire job description available upon
request and/or at time of interview.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Three to five years' experience with custom manufacturing
quoting processes, required.
- Associates Degree and Relative Certifications a plus.
- Outstanding Excel skills including formulas, lookup tables, and
ODBC links, required.
- Proficiency creating written and pictorial documentation of
manufacturing processes, especially for the purpose of documenting
capability and best process cost structures.
- Experience with computer software including MS Office and ERP
- Experience in low volume, high variety manufacturing a
- Experience working as a machinist or craftsman a plus.
- Experience working in an ISO quality environment a plus.Why
Join Us?Our employees have a vested interest in our Company's
success. The Gund Company is 30% employee-owned through our ESOP
(Employee Stock Ownership Plan). Shares are awarded each year based
on a calculation that takes into consideration our Company's
financial profitability, employee tenure, and earnings. There is no
out-of-pocket investment required!In addition, our employees enjoy:
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive, cost-effective employee benefits: Health,
Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability
- 401(k) retirement savings program with a 50% employer match up
to 6% of contributions
- Regular employee feedback through our IDP (Individual
- A safe and healthy work environmentEEO Statement: It is the
policy of The Gund Company to recruit, hire, train, and promote
employees without discriminating based on race, gender, age,
religion, national origin, veteran status, sexual preference, or
disability.Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to
describe the general nature and level of work being performed by
those assigned to a particular position. They are not to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties,
and skills required and personnel may be required to perform duties
outside their normal responsibilities from time to time, as
needed.HR use onlyLast Revised: 10/2022 RjPI200523469
Keywords: The Gund Company, Euless , Estimating Specialist, Other , Euless, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!